Saturday, 11 October 2014

Woman techie goes 'missing' in Hyderabad

HYDERABAD: A 27-year-old woman software engineer remained untraced 48 hours after she went `missing' while on way to her office in Madhapur on Thursday morning.

However, police claimed to have made some headway stating that a call made from her phone on Friday evening was traced to Annavaram in East Godavari district.

A Cyberabad police team has rushed to Annavaram to follow up on the lead. If found, the techie will be brought to Hyderabad on Saturday, said the police.

The techie was identified as Bhavyasri, employed with Open Text, an IT firm located in Madhapur. Her husband, Karthik Chaitanya, is employed with Deloitte, also located in Madhapur and the two used to go to office together in their car from their residence in KPHB colony .

In his complaint lodged with the KPHB police late on Thursday night, Karthik said he had left alone for work that day as he had to attend to some work early . "I left for work before 8 am on Thursday . Later, Bhavyasri messaged me on WhatsApp at 8.32 am saying she had boarded a cab to go to work.However, when I messaged her at 8.34 am to check whether it was an office cab or a hired one, there was no response," Karthik told reporters on Friday af ternoon.

"Later, when I called Bhavya, her mobile phone was switched off. I was under the impression that she was busy in a meeting. But I could not get across to her even in the evening. Normally, she calls me after 5 pm everyday to tell me to pick her up from office. But no such call came today," Karthik said.

A worried Karthik then rushed to the Open Text office and learnt to his dismay from the company officials that she had not turned up for work. After making extensive searches, finally he walked into KPHB po lice station around 11.30 pm on Thursday and lodged a missing complaint.

Cyberabad police said their enquiries at Bhavya's office revealed that she had not gone to office for the last three days though she had left home on the pretext of going to work.

After forming three teams to crack the case, deputy commissioner of police (Madhapur) L Karthikeya said on Friday evening that they have major leads and a breakthrough can be expected shortly .

Police said Bhavya's mobile phone, which remained switched off throughout Thursday and Friday, came alive briefly around 4.30 pm on Friday and a call was made to someone before it went dead again. Based on that call, the cops tracked the phone to Annavaram.

Both Karthik and Bhavya hail from Vijayawada and got married about two-and-a-half years ago after a love affair. Karthik said their's was a happy marriage and that there was no discord. Parents of the couple rushed to Hyderabad from Vijayawada and are assisting the police in the investigation. missing in Hyderabad,Cyberabad police,Annavaram

Stay updated on the go with The Times of India’s mobile apps. Click here to download it for your device.



Post a Comment