Saturday, 11 October 2014

Fire in shopping mall in Mumbai, no casualties

MUMBAI: A fire broke out in a four-storey commercial building in suburban Bandra here on Saturday morning, but no casualties were reported.

According to the fire brigade officials, the fire broke out on the fourth floor of VN Sphere Mall on Linking Road in Bandra, and later spread to the terrace of the building.

"We got a call at around 7.30am that a fire has broken out ... We sent five fire engines and several water tankers. The fire was brought under control after two hours," a fire brigade official said.

The cause, apparently, was a short circuit at a restaurant on the fourth floor. A makeshift tent on the terrace also caught fire.

"Fortunately, there were no casualties as the fire broke out early in the morning when there was no one in the building," the official said.

Stay updated on the go with The Times of India’s mobile apps. Click here to download it for your device.



Post a Comment